6 axis force transducer - 100N/5Nm to 1kN/50Nm
- 6-component force/torque transducer of the F6D/K6D series
- Measuring ranges: 50N/5Nm, 100N/10Nm, 200N/20Nm, 500N/50Nm
- Accuracy class: 0.2%;
- Output signal: not amplified
- Dimensions: Ø154 mm x 100 mm;
- Mounting and centering: 6 x M6x1 threads + 2 x Ø6 mm H7 holes
- Connection: Integrated circular connector (M16), 24-pin, male
- IP65 Aluminum construction
- Weight: 1,4 kg
- Calibration certificate and 6x6 hole matrix included
The 6-component load cell K6D154 simultaneously measures the forces Fx, Fy, Fz and torques Mx, My, Mz on three perpendicular axes. This "second generation" 6-component load cell integrates 6 independent strain gauge force sensors. The forces are measured directly at the contact surface, allowing maximum rigidity and a reduced size. The contact surfaces are designed for optimized force transmission, reducing non-repeatability to about 0.1%, overall accuracy to 0.2% (after decoupling), and crosstalk sensitivity to 1%.
The K6D154 sensor is available in 4 measuring ranges:
|Model||K6D154 (100N/5Nm)||K6D154 (200N/10Nm)||K6D154 (500N/20Nm)||K6D154 (1kN/50Nm)|
|Fx, Fy [N]||50||100||200||500|
|Mx, My, Mz [Nm]||5||10||20||50|
|Connectivity||Connector : M16||Connector : M16||Connector : M16||Connector : M16|
Each transducer is delivered with a factory calibration certificate and a 6x6 inter-channel coupling matrix. Calibration to specific ranges is available as an option, as well as ISO-17025 calibration.
The 6-component load cell K6D154 is easily installed on machine tools, arms, or test benches. The introduction of the forces and the fixing to the bench are carried out by 6 taps M12 x 1.75 of 15mm of depth + 2 pins of contrage Ø8 mm E7 (Torques of tightenings: see here). The application of the force is made on the portions of the surface raised by 1 mm. The inner part of the surface is used for centering.
The sensor is supplied with 5 VDC. The operating temperature range is -10 to 85°C. The output signal is not amplified. The sensor is delivered with either a connector or a 5m cable.
Conditioning, Acquisition, Use of the decoupling matrix
The acquisition of the raw measurement signals is done with :
- a PC or PLC acquisition system equipped with a strain gage bridge input card
- or via a conditioning module for strain gage bridge with analog or digital output, then a PC or a standard acquisition system.
The inter-channel decoupling matrix is implemented in the conditioning or acquisition module.
The real forces are obtained by multiplying the 6x6 decoupling matrix (M) by the vector I containing the 6 output signals of the K6D154. The origin of the reference frame in which the measured forces are projected is generally the center of the contact surface (see documentation). After neutralization of the inter-channel effects, a force applied on one axis will result in a force variation on only one axis. The accuracy of the measurement is thus improved by a factor of 5 to 10.
PM Instrumentation recommends the GSV series of digital interface conditioning modules for their simplicity of use, their accuracy and their consideration of decoupling matrices:
- the GSV-8DS (High performance module, 8 analog inputs) or its ruggedized version GSV-8AS, which can be optionally equipped with a datalogger
- the GSV-6LTE, equipped with a data logger and wireless connectivity A visualization and acquisition software is included with these modules (GSV-multi). Dll and VI files are also provided for the development of an application under Labview or in C / Visual Studio / C++ / .net
The K6D154 6-component force sensor is ideal for robotics, production, material or medical applications such as:
- Collision detection
- Teach-in or presence detection
- Force or torque controlled operation
- Stress measurement in medical technology
- Orthopedic technology
- Gait analysis measurements in sports medicine * Comfort measurements
- ergonomic measurements
Options and accessories
- 6 axis sensor
- Moment capacity
- 5 / 10 / 20 / 50 Nm
- Number of Axis
- 6 Axis
- Precision (max error)
- 0.5 %
- Température de fonctionnement
- -10 to 85 °C
- Analog output signal
- Tension d'alimentation
- 5 Vcc
- Measurement direction
- Traction & Compress.
- Protection Class
- Measuring Range (Force)
- ⩽ 1 kN
- OEM, Robotics