Inductive eddy current sensor - 0.5 to 25 mm - 10 kHz - Analogue & digital output
- Non-contact eddy current measurement system
- Includes: Sensor + cable + electronics
- Measuring range: 0.5 mm to 7 mm
- Voltage output: 0-10VDC or 0-22 VDC at 10 kHz
- Digital output: 30 Vrms or 60 VDC @ 100 mA- 3,3 kHz (digital output)
- Power supply: 12 or 24Vdc, 4.2 mA
- Electronics: DIN rail
- Sealing: IP67 (sensor), IP40 (electronics)
- Insensitive to oil, dust, humidity, magnetic fields
- Operating temperature: -320.8°C to 401° (sensor + cable)
Non-contact proximity switch
The KD-2446 Eddy Current Probe is used for automated, non-contact detection of metal, magnetic or non-magnetic parts at distances up to 25mm.
When a part leaves the detection field of the KD-2446, an LED on the front of the conditioner lights up, and the digital output goes high. The detection distance limit is set via a potentiometer on the front panel. Switching times are 50µs approach, 250µs distance, i.e. a switch mode bandwidth of 3.3 kHz, corresponding to a maximum speed of 200,000 rpm in a speed measurement application.
The instantaneous distance is also transmitted by the KD-2446 on an analogue voltage output 0-10 V or 0-22 V. The bandwidth is 10 kHz.
Calibration / adjustment
Calibration of the KD-2446 is performed at the factory, with the probe and the metal target of the application, under the measurement conditions (temperature, supply voltage, etc.). As an option, calibration points can be specified to optimise accuracy. When installing the system or when using a new metal target, the gain and offset of the amplifier can be adjusted to optimise the linearity of the response.
More information on the principle of Eddy Current measurement: here
The system consists of a probe with integrated cable (8 models available) and DIN rail mounted conditioning electronics.
Version standard : [-67/221°]
- Sensor: 2U - 0.5mm
- Magnetic target only
- Cable: 2m - unshielded
- Diameter: 2mm
Cryogenic versions: [-320.8/399.2°]
- Magnetic or non-magnetic target
- Cable: 2 to 3 m depending on model - unshielded
Other probes can be offered on request. Please contact us.
- Turbine or compressor speed measurement
- Detection of shaft deformation (runout)
- Shaft misalignment detection
- Displacement or position measurement
- Vibration measurement
- Quality control
- Machining inspection
- Assembly verification
- Eddy Current
- Etendue de mesure linéaire
- 0.5 / 2.9 / 3.8 / 5 / 8 / 12 / 20 / 25 mm
- Measuring range
- 0 à ±50 mm
- Bande passante (-3 dB)
- 10000 Hz
- Analog output signal
- 0-10 VDC
- Température de fonctionnement
- -200 to 200 °C
- Protection Class
- Tension d'alimentation
- 10 Vcc
- Special calibration with non-standard measuring range,
- Special cable; connector on the cable, waterproof feedthrough.
- Sensor cable length
- Data acquisition
- Calibration micrometer
- Teflon thickness cable
- 12 or 24Vdc power supply
- Product training and calibration techniques