Low cost OEM inductive displacement sensor - resolution 1µm - range 2.5 or 4 mm
- Inductive eddy current sensor for OEM applications
- Excellent performance / cost ratio
- Measuring range: 4 mm (steel target) or 2.5 mm (aluminum target)
- Resolution: 1µm
- Repeatability: 0.01% of the measuring range
- Response time: 100 µs
- Non-linear amplified output 0-10 VDC
- Integrated temperature measurement: 10 mV/°C
- Power supply : 15 to 30 volts Vcc
- Operating temperature : 0-70 °C
The SC-2440 inductive eddy current displacement sensor is a high performance, fully integrated and cost effective solution for non-contact precision position or displacement measurement. The SC-2440 uses the eddy current principle to measure with excellent resolution (1µm) and repeatability (0.01%) the distance to a metal target up to 4mm on steel, and 2.5mm on aluminum. Like all Eddy Current sensors, the measurement is insensitive to oil, dust, humidity, magnetic fields.
The output signal of the SC-2440 is a 0-10 Vdc voltage with a 15 to 30 Vdc power supply. The SC-2440's response to magnetic target displacement (steel or aluminum) is non-linear but highly repeatable (0.01% of span) and the dynamic response (10kHz) allows the sensor to be used for vibration analysis, rpm measurement, or detection in automated manufacturing processes.
In addition, the sensor includes a temperature output (0-70°C) in the form of a voltage for offloaded temperature correction of the measurement. The sensor is supplied with 15-30 VDC. The power supply circuit includes a diode and a regulation to reduce noise.
- 4 mm with a 1 mm offset for a steel target
- 2.5 mm without offset for an aluminum target
The response time after application of the low pass filter is 100µs.
The SC-2440 is a very good compromise between performance and cost for many applications in research and production.
- Thickness measurement
- Position measurement
- Vibration measurement (amplitude and frequency)
- Displacement measurement
- Rotational speed measurement
- Detection of out-of-roundness
- Bearing wear monitoring
- Eddy Current
- Etendue de mesure linéaire
- 4 / 2.5 mm
- Measuring range
- 0 à ±50 mm
- 0.01 % FS
- Bande passante (-3 dB)
- 1000 Hz
- Signal otuput
- Analog output signal
- 0-10 VDC
- Température de fonctionnement
- 0 to 70 °C
- Protection Class
Maximum jam nut torque: 1.6 Nm
- Special calibration with non-standard measuring range,
- Special cable; connector on the cable, waterproof feedthrough.
- Sensor cable length
- Control micrometer
- Teflon thickness gauge
- Product training and calibration techniques