- Manufacturers and equipment suppliers of trains, trams and metros
- Railway sector
Problem / Challenge
In order to guarantee efficient and safe means of transport, equipment manufacturers are looking for a versatile means of measurement that could enable them to intervene in several aspects for easy and long-term use:
- train safety and maintenance
- comfort analysis, vibration analysis
- monitoring and optimisation of braking systems, bogies, etc.
In particular, they seek to carry out dynamic tests in real-life situations in order to study train behaviour accurately and improve the automation of trains in operation.
Capacitive accelerometers are ideal for railway applications as they are able to intervene on these different parameters.
The MF series of uniaxial ASC accelerometers** are particularly suitable as they allow operators to make highly accurate measurements on their own. PM Instrumentation offers a wide range of accelerometers, including the 4421 MF or 5521 MF . These are robust sensors with good resistance to shock, harsh environments and high temperatures: **They can be used in temperatures between -40°C and +125°C. Several measuring ranges are offered, from ± 1g to ± 2000g.
- Reliable and high quality products: DAkkS / ISO 17025 calibration certification to meet the requirements of the railway sector
- Extremely high measurement accuracy: up to 0.5% of the measurement range
- Accurate measurement and continuous use: up to 6-8 weeks of autonomous use, i.e. 2000km without intervention
- Adapted accelerometers that meet European standards: such as EN12299, EN14363 or EN13749