High Resolution Wheel Torque Transducer – 1085 N.m - Resol 0,3 Nm
- 1085 N.m full scale measurable load and 8125 N.m maximum load capacity
- Resolves 0.270 N.m
- Adapts to 14" and larger wheels
- Environmentally protected
- Temperature compensated
- Rugged stainless steel construction
- Consistent sensitivity among all units
- Configured to minimize magnetic sensitivity
The wheel torque transducer TW12.8HRMS800 provides a real time highly sensitive measurement of the small torque fluctuations at the wheel (My) within a range of 1085 Nm at a resolution of 0,27 Nm. Mechanical protection allows the transducer TW12.8HRMS800 to be used under normal driving conditions, supporting a maximum load of 8,1 kNm, which hence fits most of the passenger cars, SUV and light duty vehicles. Highly accurate (non-linearity ≤ 0.1% of FSO, hysteresis < 0,05% of FSO), it is very stable to the temperature, thanks to the temperature compensated calibration between 24 and 121°C.
TW12.8HRMS800 is designed to attach itself to adapters that simulate production wheel rims. The adapter system is fabricated by generating a profile of the original wheel rim and designing a hub adapter and rim adapter, which fasten to the interior and exterior bolt circle respectively and duplicate the critical dimensions of the original rim. The versatility of this system allows the torque transducer to be used with various wheel rim designs, as long as the rim size is >= 14", and the maximum wheel torque does not exceed 8,1 kNm.
High grade stainless steel material and weatherproof sealing combine to provide excellent resistance to corrosion and environmental conditions (rain, snow, ice, mud). The measure is stable over a wide operating temperature range (-40°C à +177°C). In addition, all wires are precisely located to reduce sensitivity to magnetic effects.
TW12.8HRMS800 strain gage bridge powering and the output signal transmission to the data acquisition system can be achieved by wire (slip ring) or wireless (telemetry). The transducer outputs a non-amplified signal (1,5mV/V), an amplifier can be added to the slip ring or telemetry in option. The slip ring version can include wheel speed information, as well as addition measurements (temperature, etc...).
- Driveline efficiency measurement
- drag torque measurement
- rolling resistance measurement
- braking system assessment
- fuel consumption assessment
Options and accessories
- Slip ring or telemetry
- Signal conditioning (amplifier)
- higher temperature capability
- adapters (rim, hub)
- Power supply
- Wheel speed information (encoder)
- slip ring mounting kit
- Automotive - LD veh.
- Moment capacity
- 1085 Nm
- High resolution Version
- Rim Size
- 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 "
- Nonlinearity (% FS)
- ± 0.1 %
- 0.05 % FS
- Analog output signal
- Tension d'alimentation
- 10 Vcc
- Température de fonctionnement
- -40 to 177 °C
- Outter diameter: 340,18
- Inner diamerter: 198,02
- Width: 25,65
- Enhanced High Resolution
- Special Units for high temperature applications
- Custom designs with alternative output sensitivities / load capacities
- Weatherproof Slip Ring
- Encoder / Amplifier (with or without display)