Automotive manufacturer, tier 1 equipment supplier
Braking system verification is carried out throughout the life cycle of a vehicle: during the design, industrialization, approval, production and after-sales phases. This verification consists of checking the efficiency of the braking system (distance) by applying a pre-defined force. The measurement of the effort applied to the pedal must meet several requirements:
- Installation directly on the existing braking system of a car, truck, bus, etc., without any modification
- Compactness - must not be a nuisance for the driver
- Accuracy: better than 0.5%.
Installation of a pedal force sensor type BPFT directly on the brake pedal. The force exerted on the pedal is sent to a BTS-AM-1 module, which amplifies and transmits the measurement signal wirelessly (Bluetooth) to a cell phone for instant visualization of the force.
- Simplicity: Installation in less than 15 minutes
- Compatibility: Solution for all types of vehicles. Can also be used on the accelerator or clutch pedal
- Performance: The strain gauge load cell is accurate, stable, and repeatable.
The load cell can also be associated with a miniature acquisition module allowing the acquisition of the force on a PC, at high frequency, for R&D needs or automated quality control.